After researching the current issues surrounding the environment and how the pioneering companies of this green wave have achieved significant cost savings, whilst helping reduce carbon emissions. Go Green has identified that the larger savings and a quicker and more significant return of investment comes from efficiencies which can be found within an organisations systems and processes.
We achieve this via several methods the most common of which is through the implementation of the ISO14001 standard, we also use the Carbon Trust footprinting expert tool, this is based on the PAS2050 standard which looks at products and services from cradle to grave.
As well as this we offer
- Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment (WEEE) management service
- Waste Management Plans
- Environmental Management Plan
- Outsourced Environmental Manager
- Staff Training
- Environmental Permit & Licence application
At Go Green we believe that protecting the Environment is everyone’s responsibility. Business, large or small, have a greater responsibility, not just to the Environment itself but to their stakeholders who include, clients, suppliers, neighbours, shareholders etc etc. The Importance of CSR, Corporate Social Responsibility, is now greater than ever.
The importance of these issues has been summed up in the 5 reasons, in order, given by business leaders as to why we should all get involved.
Those 5 Reasons are:
- It was the right thing to do. It complements other CSR programmes and reduced the impact operations have on the environment.
- It helps with staff engagement. Staff at all levels of the company have an interest and it is a way of bringing them together.
- Market opportunities. Customers are demanding more information on environmental programmes within business, such programmes will also help with bids and tenders. It also sets companies apart from their competitors and improves reputations.
- Cost saving. By reducing energy and vehicle fuel use, for example, vast amounts of overhead cost will be reduced whilst also reducing environmental impact.
- Legislation. This affects EVERY business, from the one person company working off the kitchen table to the multi national PLC, no one is exempt. It’s both wrong and naieve to think that because you are a small business that you don’t have any legal responsibilities.
How would you feel being the company not doing the right thing?
How do you think that will affect your business?
As Shell say internally, TINA, There Is No Alternative!